The Clarke County Historical Society is a private non-profit organization founded in 1972.
The Museum office is located in the Helms House, next door to the Museum. The house, built in 1925, is named for the home’s previous owners, Mr. and Mrs. O.C. Helms. Mr. Helms was a well-known banker and horticulturist. Currently, the building houses museum office space as well as the Griffin Research Room.